Keynote – How to reinvent your business with AI
- Megatrends in automotive industry
- How to get started with AI
- AI Use cases
- How AI drives future business
Masterclass: Designing AI-Driven Business Models in Automotive Engineering
The Motivation and Challenge:
- Automotive industry, including automotive engineering is currently transforming due to a shift in the sense of mobility and new technologies as connected cars, autonomous and automated driving or electrification, generating huge amount of data. This opens the potential and necessity for new AI-driven business models for automotive players.
The AVL approach:
- In this talk we want to present our approach, how AVL, the world’s leading independent engineering company for established and future powertrain systems, develops new AI-driven business models for automotive engineering and beyond. Basically, such endeavors require the identification of potential data sources and customer problems and to develop a solution – the data product – with methods such as advanced analytics and customer intimacy. Analytics-based solutions should solve customer problems (e.g. decision problems) in a meaningful way.
Benefit for the audience:
- Join us and gain first hand insights into the application of analytics and AI in automotive engineering and our approach for developing new business opportunities with data analytics and AI for our customers
Gerhard Schagerl received his MSc in 2003 in computer science at the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria. He is employed at AVL List GmbH since 2000. In the majority of this time he was in a team leading role for AVL’s motorsport business. Beside other duties in this position he was responsible for the development of a vehicle lap time simulation tool and its implementation into cloud computing environment. From 2018 Gerhard joined AVL’s Big Data efforts in the role as Product Manager for Big Data and AI services. In this position he defines strategy and product portfolios, but also develops new data-driven business models.